Friday, October 2, 2015

Serve Daily with Chris

Chris and I were chatting before a Utah Valley Leads Connections meeting at Key Bank a few weeks ago.We talked about the publication he founded, Serve Daily. The publication is a monthly newspaper that features stories from South Utah County, e.g. Springville, Mapleton, Spanish Fork, Salem, Elk Ridge, Woodland Hills, Payson, Genola and Santaquin Utah.

We went to Sizzler for lunch for a one-on-one discussion. Chris shared that he is learning to swim. I recommend to him Kai Zen Swimming. It helped me to calm myself in the water especially during the swim portion of a Triathlon. I asked him why he founded a newspaper and he shared his story. It was from a desire to serve his community. He started out with a small brochure promoting awareness of the Constitution of the United States of America and the importance of serving others. His brochure became the middle section of another publication called Tidbits of Utah County. On June 2012, he published his first paper and has continued publishing once a month since then. He has made preparations to expand his publication to a weekly offering. I asked if there was anything I could write for him. He smiled and said he wanted to feature a bowling alley in Payson, South County Lanes on his upcoming October issue. He gave me some contact information and I followed up and wrote a 500+ word article. He also gave me a lead to contact Wendy from The Crossroads Journal.

I really enjoyed writing the article. I visited South County Lanes, talked to Bud Marrott and listening to his story. He has built a nice bowling alley, expanded his offerings to include laser tag and other activities for families. It made feel good to be able to help spread the word about his business.

No comments:

Post a Comment