Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The 30 second Commercial Workshop

Scott facilitated a workshop to learn how to develop an effective, memorable 30 Second Commercial. In 30 seconds we announce our name, the company we are with, what service we specialize and most importantly what to look for in a good lead.


We had a good turn out today. We started seated around one table and soon had enough people show up to fill three tables! I invited a friend, Richard Russon who works with BrickFix. We are both building a business and the insights we gained were very helpful. We were provided a one page template titled, "The Five Point Introduction". Using a template, it makes the process of preparing a 30 second introduction easier. 

  1. We say our first name in the manner, "Hi, my name is Allen".
  2. Announce the company, "The company I'm with is LogIntuit.
  3. A single service, "We specialize in writing."
  4. "A good lead for me is someone you know who is writing a user manual."
  5. Close with a humorous slogan which serves as a memory hook.
I am still thinking about step 4 and 5. It still requires some effort and time to distill all you want to say into a 30 second commercial and to come up with four alternatives for step 4.

I have served for 20 years for technology companies creating software development kits, user manuals, process and procedure guides, online help and marketing copy. It has been challenging at times, requiring a steep learning curve. My challenge is to update my Facebook page LogIntuit into a business page. Currently, the profile picture is of Spider-man. He is one of my favorite comic book heroes. I have a twitter account @logintuit, and a YouTube channel. I'm working on updating my social media pages to look a little more professional. 

The workshop was fun and helpful to hear how each member presented themselves and the feedback for improvement. I look forward to the next Utah Valley Leads Connection meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment